Converting a Job Request into a Job
Job Requests is a method of recording maintenance related faults with minimal information relating to an 'Asset/s'.
Job Requests or Fault Notifications can be converted into actual maintenance Jobs. Additionally, authorised users can also convert multiple job requests into a single job.
- Navigate to your desired Asset (Site or Group within a site) where you want to display worklists using the + and - buttons
To Navigate the Asset Hierarchy:
- Move the mouse pointer to the [+] sign next to the asset group
- Click the left mouse button to select this group and to expand it
- Continue in this manner until desired asset is located
2. When your Asset has been identified, click the left mouse on the asset description
The asset will become your 'Current Asset'
3. Click the Show button, then select Worklist to display a worklist of schedules for your current asset and its children
The worklist date defaults to your "Current Week" - use the right and left arrows to navigate the date and filter the worklist.
4. Hover the mouse over your desired Job Request (Job request code Starts with F), click the right mouse button, then select New Job .
(To view the job request - double click or click "open")
This option will launch the Jobs form safs400 as per the image on the next page.
5. Edit/Change the Job Title to be more meaningful if required
e.g.Change from Gearbox Coupling End Seal Leaking to Replace Gearbox Coupling End Seals
If the Job Title is displayed with <Ad-hoc Jobs….. >, the system default job is being displayed for the user to select the correct job template from the available task list. To display your task list, click the job title down arrow browse.
If the <Ad-hoc Jobs….. > option is selected, the Job Request Title will be displayed which can be edited if required. Otherwise, select one of your templates.
6. Click the Save button to record your information
The 'Save' will allocate your next job number according to your nominated Job Series
Any job field can be changed if required to ensure that the correct information is being recorded such as Executing Shop, Activity Type and Activity Cause etc.
Additional information such instructions and/or resources can also be added
Please sign in to leave a comment.