Jobs are used to record detailed information against Assets for analysis, costing and reporting purposes.
To build a job a user must navigate to the desired asset and launch the Jobs form safs400. The jobs form requires a suite of mandatory fields to be completed before a system generated job number can be allocated. The job number is dependent on the selected job type.
Job Types determine how a job is to be identified for scheduling, analysis and reporting.
J – Jobs being created on the fly as required for general or reactive maintenance
P – Planned Jobs (Preventative maintenance Jobs generated from standard activities)
C – Capital Works Jobs for special maintenance tasks
When a job is being built mandatory fields such as Job Title, Shop, Activity Type and Activity Cause must be completed before being saved. Job Priority, Job Series, Estimated Start/End Dates and Elapsed Hours should also be set prior to saving. Job related information can be edited/updated when a job number has been assigned.
Once a job number has been assigned, optional information can be attributed to a job such as Checklists, Instructions, Library Attachments, Materials (Requisitions), Resources etc.
Jobs can be created in a number of different methods depending on the user profiles access.
- Within SmartAsset (SDC) - This article
- Browser Deployment (BDC) - click for info
- Mobile Deployment (MDC)
- Outlook Office Deployment (ODC)
Job Build inside SDC
1. Navigate to your to Asset where you want to build a Job
To Navigate the Asset Hierarchy:
- Move the mouse pointer to the [+] sign next to the asset group
- Click the left mouse button to select this group and to expand it
- Continue in this manner until desired asset is located
- To scroll the asset tree, move the mouse pointer to the 'scroll' bar .
2. Hover the mouse over your Asset, right click to display a pop up box, slide the mouse down to New , then slide across to Job and click the left mouse button to select
This action will open the Jobs form safs400 as per the image on the next page
If the Job Title is displayed with <Ad-hoc Jobs….. >, your sites system default job is being displayed for the user to select the correct job template from the available task list. To display your task list, click the job title down arrow browse.
3. Enter a Job Title as required
If the asset has standard activities attached, you can select the 'Job Title' down arrow browse and select <Ad-hoc Job> option or select an existing standard activity to build your job.
4. Set the Executing Shop if applicable or use the down arrow browse to change
5. Set the Activity Type if applicable or use the down arrow browse to change
6. Set the Activity Cause if applicable or use the down arrow browse to change
7. Click the Save buttonto record your information
The 'Save' will allocate your next job number according to your nominated Job Series
When a job has been saved, the text sequence job number will be assigned.
You can change the jobs Priority, Estimated Start, Estimated End and Estimated Hours if required. These fields can also be updated prior to saving the job. If you do make a change, you must select save again.
When the job number has been assigned, you can optionally add Checklists, Instructions, Materials/Requisitions, Remarks and/or Resources by selecting the appropriate tab buttons.
Job tickets can be either printed or emailed by selecting their appropriate buttons.
CLOSE the Job form by selecting the Windows close option
This will return you to the Workbench