Timesheets are used to record information relating to a person's (originators) actual working hours and allowances against existing jobs. Timesheets entries can be allocated to a Job if the job is open or completed.
How to create and submit your timesheet
1. Log into the SmartAsset Browser
2. Click the Calendar button in the blue header to open My Calendar
When the Calendar button is clicked, the calendar displayed is the persons who is logged in individual calendar.
The calendar allows authorised users to perform various job functions such as:
- Opening the Job Details to edit the job, update checklists, add remarks, attach documents/pictures and complete jobs.
- You can drag and drop a job to another date to reschedule.
- You can display a calendar by Month, Week or Day
- You can display the calendar by specific job statuses
- You can add Timesheets
3. Click the Submit Time Sheets button in the left hand menu to open the Timesheet page
You can view the job details by clicking directly on the jobs in the calendar. This will open a slide window containing a preview of the job without leaving the calendar view.
4. To activate the timesheet processing, click the blue Add Time Sheets button button. This will produce three extra button on top of the calendar:
- Next (blue button) - will show the number of jobs added from the calendar. Click once ready to process timesheet.
- Cancel and Clear (red button) - to cancel any added jobs to timesheet and start again.
- Add all for week (yellow button) - when in weekly view, this is a short cut to adding all the jobs that appear in his view with a single click.
5. Click each Job button for the jobs you worked on for the period (week) to add to your timesheet.
Each job selected, will have a tick inserted onto the job button and the number in the "next" blue button increases by the sum of jobs added.
6. When you have finished selecting/clicking your timesheet Jobs, click the Next button. A timesheets table will appear with all selected jobs for editing.
- To edit a timesheet working hours update the hours in the Normal Unit of Hours column. This will automatically update the units worked column.
- You can add overtime if required
- You can Cancel a timesheet entry by clicking the red bin button.
- Total number of Jobs is displayed in the bottom left hand corner
7. Click the blue Submit button to display the Submit Timesheet info box about how many hours you are going to submit
7. Click the Yes button to display the Submission Summary info box as per the 2nd image below or No if you wish to go back and edit your timesheets entry.
To view submitted timesheets:
- Click the My Time Sheets button in the left menu column to display My Timesheets entries in a list view. Timesheets can be reviewed if required by using filters or you can reverse entries by clicking the reverse button.
- When a 'Timesheet' entry is reversed, the whole entry is reversed.
- Filters can be used to refine your timesheet entries
- You can index through pages of timesheets using page number buttons in the bottom right hand corner.
Please sign in to leave a comment.