A 24 character (alphabetic and/or numeric) code to identify an authorised user of SmartAsset.
Originators are created by the system administrator. An originator name, network and authorisation level are assigned to the code. When accessing SmartAsset, the assigned originator network which must match a user's computer credentials provides access. The authorisation level is used to restrict access to specific SmartAsset functions.
Any person requiring access to SmartAsset desktop, Browser or Mobile App or a person who is to be assigned to a maintenance task must be created as an Originator.
1. Click the [+] adjacent to Originators to view existing Originators
2. Click on any Originator followed by the New icon (circled in red) to clear the form
3. Enter a valid Originator Code refer to the image below
The originator code would generally match the organisations naming convention
4. Enter a valid Name refer to the image below
SmartAsset sets no rules how a Name is to be entered. However, a standard naming convention should be implemented such as surname first as originator information is displayed numeric alpha order.
5. Set the Role Id which will automatically assign an Authority Level
SmartAsset user access is based around user Roles which is assigned to every Originator. Each role discipline is set with specific actions to the functionality within the database to provide user permissions.
The user profile is read on Start-up.
Read- Read only access. Fields are greyed out
Write- Write access.
Omit- Functionality omitted
N/A- Functionality 'Not Applicable' in accordance with Role and licensing limitations.
6. Set the Default Shop for this Originator as per the image below
7. Set the Resource Code as per the image below
8. Set the Cost Element as per the image below
9. Click the Save icon to record your information
Please note, that when new codes are saved they are placed at the bottom of the list until the form has been refreshed.
If an Originator is associated with multiple shops for work related tasks, they can be included in the Shop String by replacing the % character.
To include multiple shops, the code must be entered separated by a comma as such: ELEW,MECH,PS etc.
This function is important for job management security.
If Supply Chain is implemented, Warehouse Id functions the same as Shop Id's.
- Resource Code – used to assign originators against maintenance jobs.
- Cost Element – used to categorise/group maintenance transaction costs.
- Unit Cost – used to calculate transactions
10. Click the same Originator by clicking on the name
You may have to use the vertical scroll bar to locate your originator
11. Click the Detail tab button
12. Enter an Email Address if applicable as per the image below
13. Enter an Originator Network "THIS IS CRITICAL"
SmartAsset defaults the Originator Code to the Originator Network assuming that they are one of the same. The originator network is the company network name provided to users to access an organisations domain.
14. Once the Originator/Details are completed, then select Save
If Asset Security is required to limit user access to the asset hierarchy, the asset security and asset start must be set.
If a user is required to access the Browser OR Mobile App, a Password must be entered. Users can change their own passwords.
15. Click the windows close optionto return you to the Workbench