The following document outlines how to permit user access to registered SmartAsset users via the client-side application (SDC) in addition to this we specify how to reset your password when required. We use Auth0 as the main primary security parameter for our browser and mobile app. All the practices we follow, follows theirs. https://auth0.com/security Without an authorisation token the SmartAsset Browser cannot be accessed and this is a combination of the way OAuth2 works and how we have configured our application.
This process outlines how to give individual access to each registered SmartAsset user. The same rules can be applied to the Excel add-in in order to handle bulk registrations.
1. From within SDC navigate to the originator update control (Shown below)
2. Nominate the originator you would like to permit access for
3. Click on the 'Details' tab
4. Provide the email address AND password for the user ensuring meets the password policy outlined below
- SmartAsset can customize your password policy on request. If you require password policy modification, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click the save button in the originator update screen
- Note: Password can only be set in SDC they cannot be updated. Users must click on the 'Forgotten Password' link from the browser login screen to reset.
- The user will now be notified by email that their Auth0 SmartAsset account can be accessed.
- Note: Verification is not necessary to access SmartAsset.
- The user specified above will now have access to the browser and/or mobile app. They can login with the credentials specified from within SDC OR they can click the forgotten password link to create their own password.
Create/Reset My own password.
- Go to your browser domain for SmartAsset and click on the forgot password link
- Enter your email address and click 'Send Email'
- This will generate an email to be sent to the nominated account (check junk mail)
- Click the confirm button on the email OR provided URL
- Now confirm your new password ensuring it meets the password policy specified above (or for your organisation)
Your password has now been reset and you will have access to the application.
If any issues occur during this process, please contact email@example.com