Converting a Standard Activity into a Job
Standard activities can manually be converted into jobs via the worklist to schedule maintenance.
Standard activities that can be converted into actual maintenance jobs are identified with yellow books. The next occurrence of the same standard activity is identified with a red book and cannot be converted into a job until its predecessor has been converted/completed.
Authorised users can convert multiple standard activities into multiple jobs if required by selecting multiple yellow books.
- Standard Activities are represented by Yellow or Red books in the workbench.
1. Navigate to your desired Asset (Site or Group within a site) where you want to display worklists using the + and - buttons
To Navigate the Asset Hierarchy:
- Move the mouse pointer to the [+] sign next to the asset group
- Click the left mouse button to select this group and to expand it
- Continue in this manner until desired asset is located
2. When your Asset has been identified, click the left mouse on the asset description
The asset will become your 'Current Asset'
3. Click the Show button , then select Worklist to display a worklist of schedules for your current asset and its children
The worklist will default to your "current week". Use the left and right arrow to change the dates and refine the worklist.
4. Hover the mouse over your desired Standard Activity (Code starting with A), click the right mouse button, then select New Job.
This option will launch the Jobs form safs400 as per the 2nd image below
5. Click the Save button to record your information
The 'Save' will allocate your next Preventative job number according to your nominated Job Series
When a job is built from a standard activity, no editing is required except for the Estimated Start/End Dates for scheduling purposes.
CLOSE the Job form by selecting the Windows close option
This will return you to the Workbench
Please sign in to leave a comment.