Job completion is an essential SmartAsset function. A job will continue to appear as outstanding until completion details including completion codes and remarks are entered for it. For jobs that are triggered from standard activities that make up a preventative maintenance schedules, the completion process is required to reset the triggering mechanisms.
Material, Resource and labour usage data entry is enabled via job menu options in the jobs form to cater for SmartAsset sites that wish to collect such data during the job completion process.
SmartAsset also allows for an alternative of regularly recording operative hours via timesheets which is directly recorded against a job as actuals.
The job completion process can also be achieved using the SmartAsset Outlook Add-in.
Jobs can be completed in SmartAsset in a number of different ways, depending on who is doing the completion process.
- You can open a job, select the completion tab button and complete a job in SDC.
- You can complete a job via the Workbench "Show/Worklist" capability in SDC (This use case).
- You can complete a job via the Workbench "Show/Asset" capability in SDC.
- You can complete a job using the "Outlook Add-in" capability.
- You can complete a job via the "browser" deployment capability - More details here.
- You can complete a job via the "mobile app" deployment capability
Job Completion - Worklist
1. Navigate to your desired Asset (Site or Group within a site) where you want to display worklists using the + and - buttons
To Navigate the Asset Hierarchy:
- Move the mouse pointer to the [+] sign next to the asset group
- Click the left mouse button to select this group and to expand it
- Continue in this manner until desired asset is located
2. When your Asset has been identified, click the left mouse on the asset description
The asset will become your 'Current Asset'
3. Click the Show button , then select Worklist (also circled in red) to display a worklist of schedules for your current asset and its children
The worklist date will default to your current week.Use the left and right arrows to change the dates.
The worklist is a combination of Job Requests, Jobs and Standard Activities depicted by prefixes and icon to make each task more identifiable.
When the Worklist is selected, the worklist will display all overdue (backlog) tasks and the current work up until Sunday of the current working week.
To look at weeks in the future, click the worklist right arrow to move from one week to the next. If you advance the worklist for a future week, the worklist will only display the tasks that are due for that week that you have selected and hide all overdue tasks.
4. Hover the mouse over the job you want to Complete/Close, click the right mouse button then select Close
This will launch the 'Jobs' form safs400 as per the 2nd image with the completion tab automatically selected
5. Select the Job Result down arrow browse , then select your appropriate job result.
Job Result is a Mandatory field and must be completed before a job can be successfully completed.
A 'Job Result' is a code used to identify the result of a performed maintenance task.
- Set the Actual Start date
- Set the Actual End date
- Enter the Actual Elapsed Hours
Elapsed hours is the duration to perform the maintenance task
6. Click the mouse in the Remarks section of the form, then enter your free text remarks.
7.Click the Save button to update your job status to completed
Job 'Remarks' can be made mandatory if required.
If a job was saved before 'Remarks" were entered, a message box would be displayed informing the user that remarks are mandatory.
8. Select the Windows Close option (X), to return you to the Work Bench
When jobs are completed, they are removed from the Worklist and placed in the history table against each specific asset.
Please sign in to leave a comment.