Setting Assets to Offline
Users have the ability to set assets that are ‘Offline’ due to failure or maintenance requirements if required.
When an asset is marked as offline in the browser, the corresponding asset in SDC will be set to a status of in-active and coloured orange with an underline making offline assets easy identifiable.
Users will set assets back ‘Online’ when they have been returned to service.
1. Click the Dashboard widget (circled in red) to return to the main Dashboard
2. When you are signed into the Browser, a Dashboard will be presented to you. The Online widget will display the % of assets Online-Offline.
3. f you hover the mouse over the Online-Offline portion of the widget, the display will change
4. If you click the Offline portion of the widget, the Offline asset list will be displayed
5. Click the Online portion of the widget to display Online/Active assets
6. Open your ‘Online’ Asset, by either clicking the Asset Code Description or by clicking the blue ‘eye button
7. When the Asset page is displayed, the Online-Offline button should be set to Online (circled in red)
8. Click the Edit button (circled in red) to allow asset changes
9. Click the Online button (circled in red) to open the Reason for Changing Status window as per the 2nd image below
10. Enter the Reason for Changing Status information (circled in red)
11. Click Save (circled in red) to update your changes
Setting Assets to Online
When assets have been set to ‘Offline’ and they are returned to service, the asset must be set back to ‘Online’ otherwise the asset remains as In-active.
1. Click the Edit button (circled in red) to allow asset changes
2. Click the Offline button (circled in red) to open the Reason for Changing Status window as per the 2nd image below
3. Enter the Reason for Changing Status information (circled in red)
4. Click Save (circled in red) to update your changes
5. When your Asset has been flagged as being Online, a message will be displayed that the asset has been updated and the status will be set to Online (circled in red).