Editing an Asset to be tracked
When an asset code is to be assigned a serial number and a rotable child to be attached, several steps must be implemented to ensure that integrity of the data.
- Remove the Asset Type
- When an asset is required to be rotable/trackable, the asset type and related reference data information is to be assigned to the rotable, not the asset itself.
- It is no the asset that gest interrogated, it is the rotable.
- If an asset type and/or reference data report was required, the extracted data would include both the asset and rotable in the report. This would potentially result incorrect results.
- Break Link Memberships (if they exist)
- Break Asset Standards records
Edit the Asset
- Navigate to your asset and open the Asset form safs090 as per the image below
2. Remove/Blank out the Asset Type (circled in red), then Save
This option will remove all related reference data
3. Set the Tracking to Trackable Child (circled in red), then Save
4. Select the Readings tab button (circled in red) to open the readings form
5. Review the Readings as the rotable asset must have some identical data such as Trigger Code and Location etc.
Break Asset Standards
1. Select the Std Activities button (circled in red) to open the standard activity asset standards form
Break Link Memberships
1. Expand any member of the Link Membership, then select the Link Member button (circled in red) to open the Link Membership form safs150 as per the image on the next page
2. Select the Delete button (circled in red), then OK to delete the Link Membership
3. Close the Link Membership form safs150
4. Close/Contract the standard activity asset standards form
When the assets standards records have been deleted, the records will be removed as per the image below.