Navigation is the process or activity of accurately locating/identify an asset/s for specific operational requirements such as planning, job creation, interrogation and/or updating/reviewing.
The asset hierarchy is created in a parent/child relationship creating a family tree of assets.
There are several ways how assets can be located within the hierarchy, it is dependent on your knowledge of the assets themselves.
Navigation using the Asset Tree
1. Navigate to an Asset using the asset tree by using the + and - buttons
To Navigate the Asset Hierarchy:
- Move the mouse pointer to the [+] sign next to the asset group
- Click the left mouse button to select this group and to expand it
- Continue in this manner until desired asset is located
- To scroll the asset tree, move the mouse pointer to the ‘scroll’ bar (circled in red), press and hold the left mouse button and then drag the scroll bar in the desired direction.
2. When your asset has been identified, click the left mouse on the asset description
The asset button will be highlighted in red or change shape and the ‘Current’ asset field will be populated (circled in red above)
3. Click Options then Refresh tabs to navigate you back to the top of the asset tree (circled in red)
4. Repeat the above steps and navigate to an asset in a different section of the asset tree.
5. When you have navigate to other sections of the asset tree, click Options then Refresh tabs to navigate you back to the top of the asset tree (circled in red)
Navigation using Browse Search
1. Click the Current Asset browse button (circled in red) to display the asset code search window as per the 2nd image below
The ‘Search’ window’ allows users to enter either the code or the description of the asset.
Wildcards can also be used. The % character can be used to substitute for a number of characters. e.g. %switchboard%
2. Enter your required Search/Find criteria in the blank Find field, then select the Go button (circled in red) to retrieve your results as per the 2nd image below.
You can also press the ‘Enter’ key retrieve your results.
3. To select your required asset, double click the left mouse button on your desired asset. If the asset is not visible use the vertical scroll bar until it is visible, then select the asset by double clicking the left mouse button on the asset (circled in red below).
Alternatively, you can select the right mouse button and select ‘Click Item’
When an asset has been selected, it will return you to the Workbench and populate the ‘Current Asset’ with your selected asset.
4. Your selected Asset will be displayed as follows
Navigation if Asset is known
1. Overswipe or delete the Current Asset and enter the asset code and then press the TAB key (circled in red)
This function will directly navigate you to your desired asset
Asset Hierarchy by Codes and not Descriptions
1. Click Options then Show Codes (circled in red) to change the asset tree view from descriptions to codes as per the 2nd image below
2. Click Options then Show Desc (circled in red) to change the asset tree view from codes to descriptions as per the 2nd image below
Please sign in to leave a comment.