1. Navigate to your Asset where you want to build your new Asset.
It is critical that you know the new asset code/structure before you are ready to create the actual asset.
This process can be achieved by changing the asset hierarchy display from a description view to a codes view.
2. Hover the mouse over your Parent Asset where you want to attach your new asset, click the right mouse button, then select New then Asset (circled in red below) to open the Asset form safs090 as per the 2nd image below
The parent asset is automatically populated with the correct asset code from the workbench.
3. Enter your new Asset Code (circled in red)
- Enter your Asset Code
- Enter a Description
- Set the Asset Status
- Set the Asset Level
- Set the Warranty
- Set the Asset Type (if applicable)
- Set the Default Meter (if applicable)
4. Click the Save button to record your information
When data has been saved, the ‘Save’ button will be greyed out (dull). The ‘Save’ button will become active when any data field is changed.
Other key information such as Accounting, Library, Location, Readings, Reference Data (Asset Type must be added first), and Remarks etc. can be add when the asset is being created or when required.
5. CLOSE the form by selecting the Windows close option
This will return you to the Workbench
Refresh the Asset Hierarchy/Tree
When new assets are created, the asset hierarchy must be refreshed to read the new data.
1. Click Options then Refresh (circled in red) from the Workbench
The ‘Refresh’ will contract the asset hierarchy tree back to the top level
2. Navigate to the new Asset that you just created to make sure that it is visible
New assets will only be visible once the asset hierarchy/tree has been refreshed.
3. Navigate back to the Top Level of the Asset Hierarchy
- Click Options/Refresh OR
- Use the tree and then click the top level asset code