Code Tables - Asset
1. Click the Options tab button (circled in red) from the menu
2. Click the Code Tables button (circled in red) in the ribbon to open the Code Panels form
3. To expand Code Table options, select the [+] sign adjacent to SmartAsset to view code table options.
An 8 character code (alphabetic and/or numeric) that identifies a general category to which the asset code belongs.
Asset types can be assigned Prompts such as Make, Model, Manufacturer, Year of Manufacture, Size, kW and Serial Number etc. for database interrogation and reporting.
Asset ‘Reference Data’ relative to the asset type prompts can be assigned to each individual asset for more detailed database interrogation and reporting.
Reference data response is a string of up to 40 characters (Alphabetic and Numeric) that is retained as reference information for an asset code.
4. Click the [+] sign adjacent to Asset to view asset code table options
5. Click the [+] sign adjacent to Asset Types to view existing Asset Types. In a new database a code of ‘New’ will be visible.
6. Click an Asset Type by clicking on any code, followed by the New icon (circled in red). When the ‘New’ icon has been selected, the data will be cleared.
7. Enter a valid Asset Type, then Description, Prompts and Formats
Prompts are not mandatory. Prompt information is used to interrogate the database and run reports for costs and analysis.
8. Click the Save icon to record your information
9. Add another Asset Type for a Pump as per the information below. DON’T FORGET TO SAVE.
10. Click the [-] sign to contract Asset Types
11. Click the [-] sign to contract Asset so your view is as per the image below
A 24 character code (alphabetic and/or numeric) is a table used to identify the financial cost code of maintenance activity or inventory activity such as General Ledger, Expense Element etc.
12. Click the [+] sign adjacent to Asset to view asset code table options.
13. Click the [+] sign adjacent to Cost Codes. If a Cost Code/s already exist, click any code in the list followed by the new button.
14. Click the New Code button (circled in red) to open the cost code form.
15. Enter a valid Cost Code, Cost Code Type and Description
16. Click the Save icon to record your information
Note: To add more codes, repeat the above steps.
17. Click the [-] sign to contract Asset so your view is as per the image below.
Please sign in to leave a comment.