User profiles serves two main functions within the solution;
Provides the ability to assign permissions to specific functionality within the solution by role where such settings can be ‘Write’ for full access, ‘Read’ for enquiry access only, ‘N/A’ where licensing restrictions are imposed for the given role and ‘Omit’ where the administrator wishes to remove a function for the nominated role.
Roles (Forms) to be retained as per system default roles and revised at a later stage except for a new Downer Technician Role.
2. Regional settings.
The regional settings file is a table used to control the following functions within SmartAsset:
- rename fields
- omit fields from individual forms
- make fields mandatory, optional or invisible
- force description text to be upper/lower case
1. Click the Options tab button (circled in red) from the menu
The asset icon will be highlighted in red or change shape and the ‘Current’ asset field will be populated (circled in red above)
2. Click the User Profiles icon in the ribbon (circled in red) to open the User Profiles form safs020
3. The User Profiles form displays the deployment options with SmartAsset and Roles associated to those options.
4. Click the [+] (circled in red) to expand ‘Workbench’ and display all Forms/Tabs stored in the database as per the image below
The standard settings for access to SmartAsset functionality are displayed by Role where such settings can be ‘Write’ for full access, ‘Read’ for enquiry access only, ‘N/A’ where licensing restrictions are imposed for the given role and ‘Omit’ where the administrator wishes to remove a function for the nominated role. It should be noted that ‘N/A’ cannot be changed where the 3 other settings can be altered by the administrator.
5. Set the Smart Asset Navigator by Projects option to ‘Read’ only for a Job Executor Role as per the steps on the next page
6. Click the left mouse button in the field to change (circled in red below)
7. Click the down arrow and select Read
8. Click the Save icon to record your information
9. Set the Asset – SmartAsset (safs090) ‘Alert’ option to ‘Omit’ for a Job Executor Role as per the steps below
10. Click the left mouse button in the field to change (circled in red below)
11. Click the down arrow and select Omit
12. Click the Save icon to record your information
User Profiles - Regional
User Profiles, Regional allows update access to the translations file. The Regional form is a table used to provide the ability to alter terminology within SmartAsset to suit organizations specific terminology.
Fields that appear in multiple forms can be made invisible allowing organizations to tailor each form.
13. Click the Regional tab button (circled in red)
The ‘Regional’ option may take several seconds to load depending on the number of entries.
14. The Regional form below is typical layout of translating terminology
15. Entity Id is the database name of the field
16. Component Id is a specific form. Blank means the complete database
17. Name is the default field name
18. Full Display Name is the ‘New’ field name to suit your organisation
19. Short Display Name is an Abbreviated name for pull down browse options
20. Entity Check Option is to male fields Invisible, Optional or Mandatory
21. Rename Analysis Code 8 to Condition
22. Enter a Full Display Name of ‘Condition’
23. Enter a Short Display Name of ‘Condition’
24. Set the Entity Check Options to ‘Optional’
25. Click the Save icon to record your information.
26. To Add a new entry, use the vertical scroll bar (circled in red) to advance to the bottom of the form
27. Click the down arrow browse option and the database field names will be displayed
28. Click an Entity Id and then set appropriate Component Id, Full Display Name, Short Display Name and Entity Check Option
29. Click the Save icon to record your information
30. Click the windows close option
This option will close the User Profiles form and return you to the Workbench
Please sign in to leave a comment.