To verify that the APE Word Add-in is installed correctly:
- Open Microsoft™ Word
- Click INSERT (shown circled in red below)
- Check that you can see APE Template Fields (circled in green below)
When it has been installed correctly, see Using the Add-in.
If you cannot see APE Template Fields (as per above) then please:
- The MSI installer requires Visual Studio Tools for Office Runtime.
- You may need to get assistance from your IT department, especially if you don’t have admin permission because that is needed when installing the EXE add-in.
Users without admin permission can use the MSI installer.
- Ensure that your version of Microsoft Word is 2010 or higher
- Ensure that your operating system is Windows™
- Right-click on the installer EXE and choose to Run as Administrator.
Note that it can make a different to use the “Run as Administrator” option even if you are logged in as Administrator and have the Admin rights on your PC.
- Try restarting your computer
- Try re-installing the add-in while Word is closed.
- If you have an HP computer then HP Security Manager software might be interfering.
- Install the "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio" from https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=30679 and then try installing the Word Add-in again.
- Try Internet Options => Security Tab, then for Internet zone, turn on "Enable Protected Mode"
and try re-booting and then re-installing the Addin.
Ask APE technical support. If possible, send the installation log file. They may ask you to check the following:
1.Check whether Windows shows the add-in is installed. The way to do that varies between operating systems but 2 examples are illustrated below:
2. If the add-in is installed then check it inside Word using the menu selection
FILE => Options => Add-Ins
Check whether you can see APE Word Add-in as shown above.
3. Click the Go button (circled in orange above) and compare with the screenshot below.
Please sign in to leave a comment.