Learn how to set up your Samm BIM 360 Connector for use by external contractors.
The Samm Connector in the Autodesk App Store is designed for BIM 360 owners that also own Samm. As well as uploading Samm PDFs into BIM 360, it makes it easy to copy user and project information from BIM 360 to Samm.
However, it is also possible to use a BIM 360 Custom Integration to configure the integration in a more restricted mode for use by external subcontractors. It provides way to let them upload their documentation, without giving them full admin access to users and projects. This article describes how to set up the integration to operate in this way.
BIM 360™ Setup
Here are the steps that the BIM 360 administrator needs to do:
- Enable the Samm Connector as a Custom Integration (without BIM 360 Account Administration access).
- Create a user for the integration (or use an existing user). The integration will operate with the permissions assigned to this user.
- Add the integration user to the projects to be linked with Samm.
- For each project create the Samm PDF upload folder and give the integration user at least View/Download+Upload+Edit permission.
- Activate the BIM 360 integration in Samm. This includes selecting the PDFs to be uploaded to BIM 360 and linking Samm projects to BIM 360 projects.
- Optionally uploading pre-existing PDFs once the integration has been activated.