Learn how to set up your Damstra Forms BIM 360 Connector for use by external contractors.
The Damstra Forms Connector in the Autodesk App Store is designed for BIM 360 owners that also own Damstra Forms. As well as uploading Damstra Forms PDFs into BIM 360, it makes it easy to copy user and project information from BIM 360 to Damstra Forms.
However, it is also possible to use a BIM 360 Custom Integration to configure the integration in a more restricted mode for use by external subcontractors. It provides a way to let them upload their documentation, without giving them full admin access to users and projects. This article describes how to set up the integration to operate in this way.
BIM 360™ Setup
Here are the steps that the BIM 360 administrator needs to do:
- Enable the Damstra Forms Connector as a Custom Integration (without BIM 360 Account Administration access).
- Create a user for the integration (or use an existing user). The integration will operate with the permissions assigned to this user.
- Add the integration user to the projects to be linked with Damstra Forms.
- For each project create the Damstra Forms PDF upload folder and give the integration user at least View/Download+Upload+Edit permission.
Damstra Forms Setup
- Activate the BIM 360 integration in Damstra Forms. This includes selecting the PDFs to be uploaded to BIM 360 and linking Damstra Forms projects to BIM 360 projects.
- Optionally upload pre-existing PDFs once the integration has been activated.