Learn how to manually or automatically schedule lessons to trainees
There are two ways to schedule users to lessons in Damstra Learning; manually, or via automatic rules.
To manually schedule a user a lesson
- Go to the Manage tab on the header navigation.
- Select Lessons from the left-hand navigation
- Select the Lesson to schedule by clicking the name of the lesson.
- Click the Scheduled Users If there are already users scheduled for this lesson they will appear as a list on this screen.
- To add new user schedules, select Schedule a User, a pop-up will appear.
- From the pop-up, select the start date for the schedule and updated the Grace Period if required
- Click on users to add as required. If an incorrect selection has been made, click a user again to deselect.
- Click the [Schedule] button.
Users who already have a schedule set up for the selected lesson will not display in the user selection pop-up.
1. From the lesson page, click the menu dropdown and select ‘Automatic Schedule.’
2. Click the ‘Add New Rule’ button, a menu dropdown will appear with the following rules.
- New User Rule - when users are added to Damstra Learning, immediately schedule them with the grace period specified.
- Recurring Rule - Repeat any existing schedule at the specified interval, i.e every 3 months, with the grace period specified.
- Group Rule - Assign all users in the selected group(s) to a lesson schedule, with the specified grace period. When a new group member is added, a lesson schedule will also be applied from the date they are added.
- Lesson Completion Rule - Require prerequisite lessons to be completed by a user before the next lesson is scheduled.
3. On selection, the new rule will appear on the page with fields for customising the rule.
Please sign in to leave a comment.