See how to create a lesson from your organisation’s existing SCORM 1.2 content.
Damstra Learning offers support for SCORM, here are a few things to keep in mind when adding this content.
- SCORM 1.2 Compliance - All SCORM content in Damstra Learning must be compliant with SCORM 1.2 - http://scorm.com/scorm-explained/technical-scorm/run-time/ We do have plans in our roadmap to support SCORM 2004 and TinCan but have no timeline on a launch date for this yet.
- Embedded Video - For the best experience for your trainees, we recommend using Damstra Learning's Video modules or video slides to stream video content rather than embedding video into SCORM lessons.
- We recommend not using any learning content that contains Adobe Flash - Many browsers are beginning to drop support for the Adobe Flash plugin due to security concerns. Once support is completely dropped any content created using Adobe Flash assets will not be usable.
- Mobile support - Currently SCORM packages uploaded to Damstra Learning are not available via the Damstra Learning LEARN mobile applications on Apple and Android devices. This content is only available for playback via web browsers.
How to add a SCORM Lesson
To add a SCORM 1.2 lesson
- Browse to Manage > Lessons
- Select a Create and enter the lesson name
- Once you have created the lesson, you should have an option to select "Add Module..."
- Enter the module name then continue
- In the modal popup, you should see "Import SCORM Package"
- Select the SCORM zip file from your computer or drag and drop the file to upload.
- Once selected the SCORM package will be uploaded and processed and will appear as a module in this lesson.
- You can now continue to edit the lesson or select "Publish" to publish the lesson with just the SCORM module.
Please sign in to leave a comment.