Single Sign-On (SSO) is a great way to save time and increase productivity. With SSO, you only need, for example, to log in once from Okta to have access to Damstra Learning. That's one fewer password to remember.
By the end of this article, you shall know how to configure the Damstra Learning app found in the Okta Application Network to log into Damstra Learning using SAML SSO with just-in-time provisioning.
- Add Damstra Learning SAML app in Okta
- Add Okta users to Damstra Learning account
- Configure SAML and SSO URL in Damstra Learning account
- Assign Damstra Learning app and users to Okta account
- Login to Damstra Learning using Okta credentials
Before you start, you should have a Damstra Learning account with access to the Integration tab and be able to log in with an admin account.
1. Add Damstra Learning SAML app in Okta
- Log in to your Okta account and click on 'Applications' (located on the Applications tab on the top menu).
- Click on 'Add Application'.
- Type 'Damstra Learning' in the search box and select the Damstra Learning SAML app.
- You should now see this screen. Just paste in a sample URL in the 'Single sign-on URL' field for the time being so we can get to the next screen.
2. Add Okta users to the Damstra Learning account
- Select the users you wish to assign to the Damstra Learning app and click on the Next button.
- As an option, you can also update your usernames. When finished, click 'Done'.
3. Configure SAML and SSO URL in Damstra Learning account
- You should now see this page. Click on the 'Sign On' tab.
- Click on 'View Setup Instructions' and follow the rest of the steps to configure SAML in your Damstra Learning account as well as configure the 'Single sign on URL' which should be copied from the Okta plugin created in your Damstra Learning account.
4. Assign Damstra Learning app and users to Okta account
- In Okta, click on 'My Applications' and click on the Damstra Learning app icon to log in to your Damstra Learning account using SAML SSO.
5. log in to Damstra Learning using Okta credentials
- Now you can log in to Damstra Learning using SAML SSO from the Damstra Learning login page.